Frequently Asked Questions
Upgrading from MacGourmet 1 & 2, MacGourmet Deluxe 1
Purchasing your MacGourmet 3 upgrade
No MacGourmet Services in Services Menu
Registration and Serial Number Questions
- How do I purchase my upgrade to MacGourmet 3?
- I lost my serial number, how do I find out what it is?
- Can I run MacGourmet on more than one of my Macs?
- Why doesn’t MacGourmet accept the serial number I’ve entered?
- Why do I get a -2008 error when I try to register MacGourmet?
- Why do I get a -25001 error when I try to register MacGourmet?
- Why do I get a -25011 error when I try to register MacGourmet?
- Why do I get a message saying that MacGourmet was “unable to install the eSellerate engine”?
- Are there any features that I can’t try in the demo version of MacGourmet?
- I just purchased a copy of MacGourmet. Where do I download the full version that I paid for?
Import and Exporting Data
- I don’t see the ‘Clip Recipe’ and/or the ‘Import Recipe from Web Page’ items in the Services menu. What’s going on?
- ‘Clip Recipe’ or ‘Import Recipe from Web Page’ in the Services > MacGourmet menu aren’t enabled when I have text or web address in my browser selected. What’s wrong?
- I have recipes in PDF files, is there any way to import them into MacGourmet?
- I have recipes in Microsoft Word format, is there any way to import them into MacGourmet?
- Is there any way to scan in recipes and import them into MacGourmet?
- How do I import my recipes from MasterCook Mac 4.06?
- How do I import my recipes from the Windows version of MasterCook?
- How do I transfer my data from the trial/MacGourmet store version of MacGourmet to the Mac App Store version?
Database and Backup Questions
- Where are my recipes stored?
- How do I make a backup of my recipes?
- How do I restore my data from the backup copy of my MacGourmetDatabase file?
- I upgraded from MacGourmet version 1 and lost my recipes. How I do to get them back?
- I get an error trying to enter or change the information in my database. Quitting and restarting doesn’t help, how do I fix the problem?
- What are the files that end with .mgspot for? Are they my recipes?
- How Do I Share My Database Between Two or More Macs?
- How Do I Copy My Data from One Mac to Another one?
- How do I go back to using MacGourmet 2, after I’ve upgraded to version 3?
MacGourmet Usage Questions
- How do I add and modify recipe categories, courses, etc.
- What do I do when I try to replace an older version of MacGourmet with a newer version, and get a message saying that I have ‘Insufficient Privileges’ to do this?
- MacGourmet just crashed, how do I report the problem?
- How many recipes can MacGourmet hold?
- I’m still using Mac OS X 10.3.9, is there a version of MacGourmet still available for that version of Mac OS X?
- I’m still using Mac OS X 10.4.11, is there a version of MacGourmet still available for that version of Mac OS X?
- I’m still using Mac OS X 10.5.8, is there a version of MacGourmet still available for that version of Mac OS X?
- I ordered MacGourmet online and had to pay sales tax, why was I charged?
- What is the difference between MacGourmet and MacGourmet Deluxe?
- How do I upgrade my older version of MacGourmet to either MacGourmet 3 or MacGourmet Deluxe 3?